Internships and volunteers
Volunteer Book keeper Position
The role is to assist the Director and other PhotoVoice staff with the financial aspects of the organisation.
The main responsibilities will be:
• To receive and process all invoices, expense forms and requests for payment using Quickbooks software.
• To generate accurate financial records using computerised accounting systems, in a timely and regular manner
• To provide general accounts/ budget assistance to staff
Applicants should have a positive attitude, be reliable and trustworthy. Knowledge and experience of using Quickbooks would be an advantage.
Please note that this is a voluntary, unpaid role. However, we will offer a daily amount to contribute towards travel and lunch expenses. Role will be once per week or twice per month.
Main duties will include:
• Recording all financial transactions
• Sales and purchase ledger maintenance
• Monthly bank reconciliation
• Monthly balance reconciliations
• Preparing and posting accruals and prepayment journals
• Petty cash management
• Reconciling Income in the P&L to the fundraising database
Along with being scrupulous in all areas of accounting and reporting the successful applicant will have:
• Broad experience in using finance systems (i.e. QuickBooks, Sage, etc.)
• Skills in using Excel for reporting and reconciliation
• An attention to financial detail is essential
• Analytical skills - an ability to review current processes
• An ability to be self- starter and use own initiative
• Notable responsiveness and a “can-do” attitude
• A relevant qualification such as the AAT is an advantage