PhotoVoice projects have taken place, or are in progress, in marginalised communities all around the world. These are the UK projects.
Active UK Projects
These are our five current or most recent projects.
PhotoVoice has supported prisoners at HM Prison Leeds to use photography as a tool of communication and self-exploration, in order to engage them in positive planning and discussion around their release and successful rehabilitation into society.Read more about the Shutter Release - Picturing Life After Prison, UK 2012-13 project...
PhotoVoice are partnering with the National Working Group for Sexually Exploited Children and Young People in running five participatory photography projects over the next year. All projects will run in partnership with specialist support organizations (all the participating partner projects support young people identified as at risk of sexual exploitation or who have been affected by sexual exploitation).Read more about the Having Our Say Too project...
Youth perspectives on issues such as gangs, knife crime and youth opportunities.Read more about the Lookout UK (2012-2013) project...
Young people in the UK explore the relevance and importance of children’s rights through photography.Read more about the Rights! Cameras! Action! UK (2011) project...
PhotoVoice runs a bursary scheme to support photographers trained through our projects to continue developing their photographic skills and explore opportunities for work placements and further study and we are thrilled that the fantastic charity The Photographic Angle generously supported six PhotoVoice project participants from our Lookout London project, throughout 2011-2012.Read more about the TPA Bursary Scheme 2011 - 2012 project...
Past UK Projects
These are all the other past UK projects.
- Stories of the World: Geffrye Museum (2011)
- Get the Picture: Scottish Parliament
- Lookout London (2011)
- Aiming High Photo Project, Cheshire East (2011)
- Waiting, Glasgow (2010 - 2011)
- Having Our Say (2010)
- Making the Change (2010)
- My City My World (2009)
- Moving Lives (2009)
- How We See It (2009)
- Sights Unseen (2009 - 2010)
- UR in the Picture (2008 - 2009)
- Photolife (2008)
- Change the Picture (2007 - 2008)
- Refugees Aloud (2007)
- Young Parents Project (2007 - 2008)
- Nothing Special (2007 - 2008)
- Beyond Sight (2007 - 2008)
- Moving Lives (2007)
- New Londoners (2006 - 2008)
- Mental Wealth (2006)
- Corton Vale Young Offenders Institute (2003)
- Action for Prisoners’ Families (2003)
- On the Move - Voices from the Street (2003)
- Transparency: Living without borders (2002 - 2003)