PhotoVoice projects have taken place, or are in progress, in marginalised communities all around the world. These are the UK projects.
Current International Projects
These are our five current or most recent projects.
Trafficked women speak into the silenceRead more about the Voice of Freedom Israel, 2013 project...
Formerly enslaved women, most trafficked across the Sinai desert from Africa to Israel, use photography to speak out against trafficking.
Older people in Ethiopia share their lives, challenges and skill through photography.Read more about the ImAge Ethiopia 2013 project...
In partnership with Age International and HelpAge International Ethiopia.
Thumbnail photo: “Self portrait with my great grandmother” by Tsedonia
CAFOD’s 3-year Water and Sanitary Health project in Zimbabwe aims to ensure that everyone in the target communities has access to enough clean safe water, and knows how to protect themselves from disease through good hygiene practices.Read more about the PhotoVoice & CAFOD WASH Project, Zimbabwe, 2013 project...
Beneficiary and Community Perceptions of Social Protection ProgrammesRead more about the Transforming Cash Transfers, Kenya & Mozambique, 2012-13 project...
Digital stories by recipients of cash transfers in Kenya and Mozambique.
In partnership with the Overseas Development Institute (ODI)
Young people with differing requirements for inclusion speak out about the issues and barriers the face in their local communities, in partnership with World Vision.Read more about the Able Voices - Albania (2012) project...
Past International Projects
These are all the other past international projects.
- Eyes of Youth - Kurbin, Albania (2011)
- Workshops with nomadic pastoralist children in Somali Region of Ethiopia
- Images of What is Ours - Paraguay (2009-2010)
- See it Our Way - Albania, Armenia, Lebanon, Romania, Pakistan (2010-11)
- Youth as Agents for Change - Direct Voices Russia and Bosnia Herzegovina (2009-2010)
- Images of Foul Play - India (2010)
- Young Lives, Save the Children - Ethiopia (2008)
- Beyond Vision - Ecuador (2008 - 2009)
- Unheard Voices, Hidden Lives - Cambodia, India and Ecuador (2006)
- Side by Side - Israel and Palestine (2006 - 2008)
- Youth Photo-Reflect - South Africa (2006 - 2007)
- Making Waves - Sri Lanka (2005)
- Able Voices - Bangladesh (2004-2005)
- Khmeye - Cambodia (2004)
- Able Voices - Cameroon (2004 - 2005)
- Bibin: Shooting Kabul - Afghanistan (2002)
- The Childrens Forum - Nepal (1998 - 2009)
- Positive Negatives - Democratic Republic of Congo (2000 - 2001)
- Street Vision - Vietnam (1998 - 2007)
- Visible Rights - Afghanistan (2010)