PhotoVoice projects have taken place, or are in progress, in marginalised communities all around the world. These are the UK projects.
Current International Projects
These are our five current or most recent projects.
Through photography, young Syrian refugee and host community young people in Jordan share their personal experiences and perspective on the Syrian crisis as a whole.
In partnership with World Vision UKRead more about the And we shall find tales in the shadows, Jordan, 2014 project...
Digital storytelling project exploring the impact of international development in China, Ethiopia, Ghana, Nepal, Peru and TunisiaRead more about the Development Progress, Global, 2014 project...
Throughout 2014 PhotoVoice is working with grassroots community members in countries that for years have been the focus of international development work, supporting them to share their personal perspectives on the impact these activities have had on their lives and opportunities.
Young people in key groups affected by HIV speak out through photography to address stigma and misconceptions.
In partnership with the International HIV/AIDS AllianceRead more about the Mysterious Youth Eyes Myanmar, 2014 project...
Trafficked women speak into the silenceRead more about the Voice of Freedom Israel, 2013 project...
Formerly enslaved women, most trafficked across the Sinai desert from Africa to Israel, use photography to speak out against trafficking.
Older people in Ethiopia share their lives, challenges and skill through photography.Read more about the ImAge Ethiopia 2013 project...
In partnership with Age International and HelpAge International Ethiopia.
Thumbnail photo: “Self portrait with my great grandmother” by Tsedonia
Past International Projects
These are all the other past international projects.
- PhotoVoice & CAFOD WASH Project, Zimbabwe, 2013
- Transforming Cash Transfers, Kenya & Mozambique, 2012-13
- Able Voices - Albania (2012)
- Eyes of Youth - Kurbin, Albania (2011)
- Workshops with nomadic pastoralist children in Somali Region of Ethiopia
- Images of What is Ours - Paraguay (2009-2010)
- See it Our Way - Albania, Armenia, Lebanon, Romania, Pakistan (2010-11)
- Youth as Agents for Change - Direct Voices Russia and Bosnia Herzegovina (2009-2010)
- Images of Foul Play - India (2010)
- Young Lives, Save the Children - Ethiopia (2008)
- Beyond Vision - Ecuador (2008 - 2009)
- Unheard Voices, Hidden Lives - Cambodia, India and Ecuador (2006)
- Side by Side - Israel and Palestine (2006 - 2008)
- Youth Photo-Reflect - South Africa (2006 - 2007)
- Making Waves - Sri Lanka (2005)
- Able Voices - Bangladesh (2004-2005)
- Khmeye - Cambodia (2004)
- Able Voices - Cameroon (2004 - 2005)
- Bibin: Shooting Kabul - Afghanistan (2002)
- Voices In Exile - Nepal (1998 - 2009)
- Positive Negatives - Democratic Republic of Congo (2000 - 2001)
- Street Vision - Vietnam (1998 - 2007)
- Visible Rights - Afghanistan (2010)